Spencer, Iowa (September 7, 1974) – Gary Lindgren of Ogden, Iowa, sped to a track record in qualifying then won the International Motor Contest Association 100-lap stock car feature Saturday afternoon at the Clay County Fair.Lindgren, driving a 1974 Chevelle, turned his qualifying lap in 25.85 seconds, shattering the record of 25.91 seconds held by Ernie Derr of Keokuk, Iowa.
Gordon Blankenship of Keokuk, Iowa, was second and Bill Myers of Grand Island, Neb., was third.
Time Trials – Gary Lindgren, Ogden, Iowa (25.85)
Heat #1 – Gordon Blankenship, Keokuk, Iowa
Heat #2 – Sonny Morgan, Blue Earth, Minn.
1. Gary Lindgren
2. Gordon Blankenship
3. Bill Myers, Grand Island, Neb.
4. Bill Schwader, McCausland, Iowa
5. Dick Johanneck, Litchfield, Minn.
6. Jim Still, Topeka, Kan.
7. Bill Wrich, Kennard, Neb.
8. Gerry Harrison, Topeka, Kan.
9. Tommy Taylor, Irving, Tex.
10.Ron Van Roskel