Columbus Junction, Iowa (June 27, 1968) – Ron Prymek of Iowa City, Iowa, won the second mid-season championship feature event of the Mississippi Valley Speed Club on Friday night.Bud Darting of Wilton, Iowa, finished a close second to Prymek in the main event. Bill Newman of Burlington, Iowa, took third, John Moss of Iowa City was fourth and Mark Mosier of Washington, Iowa, rounded out the top five.
Mel Morris, the mid-season champion at West Liberty last weekend, turned in the fastest time, touring the big half-mile in 28.72 seconds. Stan Crooks of Muscatine, Iowa, was second fastest at 28.87 seconds.
Wahlee Brown of Rock Island, Ill., came from the back row to win the trophy dash. Morris would win the first heat while Tom Harris of Iowa City scored the win in the second heat. Crooks took top honors in heat three and Prymek was the fourth heat winner. Ralph Ericson of Lockridge, Iowa, was the consolation winner.
1. Ron Prymek, Iowa City, Iowa
2. Bud Darting, Wilton, Iowa
3. Bill Newman, Burlington, Iowa
4. John Moss, Iowa City, Iowa
5. Mark Mosier, Washington, Iowa
6. Tom Harris, Iowa City, Iowa
7. Bob Helm, Rochester, Iowa
8. Stan Crooks, Muscatine, Iowa
9. Ron Hemsted, Lone Tree, Iowa
10.Larry Jenkins, Wilton Junction, Iowa
11.Gary Redlinger, Keota, Iowa
12.Pokey West, West Chester, Iowa
Post a Comment