Kaukauna, Wis. (June 22, 1975) — John Ziegler of Madison, Wis., wheeled his 1974 Camaro to victory in the first race of the "Red, White and Blue" state championship series at the Wisconsin International Raceway with four car lengths to spare over Tom Reffner of Rudolph, Sunday afternoon.
Reffner quickly maneuvered past Ziegler and took the lead on the 30th lap with his 1974 AMC Javelin. However, Reffner was unable to pull away from Ziegler and on the 44th lap Ziegler regained the lead when Reffner began experiencing minor handling problems with his car.
Dousman's Steve Lurvey won the 20-lap semi-feature with his smooth running 1973 Nova over Del Keup of Green Bay in a 1973 Camaro and Darrell Swartout of Janesville in a 1973 Mustang.
1. John Ziegler, Madison, Wis.
2. Tom Reffner, Rudolph, Wis.
3. Rich Somers, Stevens Point, Wis.
4. Doug Strasburg, Johnson Creek, Wis.
5. Johnny Reimer, Caledonia, Wis.
6. Larry Schuler, Lockport, Ill.
7. Dave Watson, Beloit, Wis.
8. Dick Trickle, Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.
9. Joe Shear, South Beloit, Ill.
10. Larry Detjens, Wausau, Wis.
11. Marv Marzofka, Nekoosa, Wis.
12. John Knaus, Rockford, Ill.
13. Al Schill, Franklin, Wis.
14. Bob Abitz, Freedom, Wis.
15. Gary Hemmerling, Beloit, Wis.