Driving a 1963 Ford, Hutcherson charged past Darrell Dake into the lead on the homestretch of the 14th lap and held on to win the 25-lap feature and $500.
The 30-year-old Keokuk, Iowa, contractor also won Tuesday’s feature. He has now won over $1,000 in two days, including his feature win and qualifying heat money.
Ramo Stott of Keokuk was third followed by five-time IMCA titlist Ernie Derr, and Lenny Funk.
In addition to Hutcherson and Dake’s daring driving, a six-car smashup found Buzz McCann penalized to the final position after two trucks cleared the debris.
1. Dick Hutcherson, Keokuk, Iowa
2. Darrell Dake, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
3. Ramo Stott, Keokuk, Iowa
4. Ernie Derr, Keokuk, Iowa
5. Lenny Funk, Otis, Kan.
6. Bob Reynolds, Edmonds, Okla.
7. Gil Haugen, Sioux Falls, S.D.
8. Ole Brua, Albert Lea, Minn.
9. John Mickey, Columbus Junction, Iowa
10. Phil Cronin, Houston, Tex
11. Buzz McCann, Minneapolis, Minn.
12. Mert Williams, Rochester, Minn.