Oregon, Wis. (September 6, 1982)— Joe Shear and Jim Sauter, who are battling for the point championship of the ARTGO racing circuit, each raced to a 25-lap victory in the sixth annual ARTGO Summer Nationals on Monday afternoon at Capital Super Speedway.
Shear, a native of Beloit and the 1982 Capital Super Speedway track champion, took the lead on the 15th lap of the first event and led the rest of the way. Steve Burgess of Eau Claire and Dick Trickle of Wisconsin Rapids finished second and third, respectively.
Sauter, who finished fifth in the first race, took the lead of the second feature on lap 34 and held off Shear for the victory.
1. Joe Shear, Beloit, Wis., 1982 Firebird
2. Steve Burgess, Eau Claire, Wis., 1981Camaro
3. Dick Trickle, Wisconsin Rapids, Wis., 1981 Camaro
4, Jim Back, Vesper, Wis., 1981 Camaro
5. Jim Sauter, Necedah, Wis., 1982 Firebird
6. Rusty Wallace, St. Louis, Mo., 1982 Camaro
1. Jim Sauter
2. Joe Shear
3. Bob Senneker, Dorr, Mich., 1981 Camaro
4, Rich Blckle, Edgerton, Wis., 1982 Firebird
5. Tom Jones, Northbrook, Ill., 1982 Camaro
6. Rusty Wallace