Saturday, February 11, 2012
1973 – Opperman Takes Fair Victory
Opperman, who won the opening feature on Thursday, then flipped and damaged his car on Saturday, came back to lead green to checkers during the Sunday afternoon matinee. He was helped by a slick track with a narrow groove that made it all by eliminated any passing.
Finishing runner-up in the 30-lap main was Wib Spaulding of Granite City, Ill., who started on the inside of the front row and remained in the second spot the entire race. Thad Dosher of Topeka, Kan., was the biggest mover of the afternoon, starting in the sixth position and finishing third.
Heat One - Kenny Weld, York, Penn.
Heat Two – Dick Sutcliffe, Greenwood, Mo.
Heat Three – Cliff Cockrum, Benton, Ill.
Match Race – Jan Opperman, Beaver Crossing, Neb.
Consolation – Doc Dawson, Kansas City, Mo.
1. Jan Opperman
2. Wib Spaulding, Granite City, Ill.
3. Thad Dosher, Topeka, Kan.
4. Jerry Nemire, Toledo, Ohio
5. Dick Sutcliffe
6. Doc Dawson
7. David Ross, Jetmore, Kan.
8. Kenny Weld
9. Jerry Camfield, Argenta, Ill.
10. Tom Corbin, Farmington, Mo.
11. Ray Lee Goodwin, Kansas City, Mo.
12. Don Mack, East Grand Forks, Minn.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment