Daytona Beach, Fla. (June 9, 1965) - Dick Hutcherson remained first in the Grand National standings as he and second place Ned Jarrett each won a race last week, The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) reported today.
Hutcherson of Keokuk, Iowa, won a 100-mile race at Nashville, Tenn., Thursday and was second Sunday in a rain-shortened 54-miler at Birmingham, Ala., to give him 19,128 points for the season.
Jarrett, from Camden, S.C., was second at Nashville and came back to win the Birmingham race for an 18,840 total.
Darel Dieringer of Charlotte, N. C., did not compete in either event but remained third with 13,872.
1. Dick Hutcherson, Keokuk, Iowa -19,128
2. Ned Jarrett, Camden, S. C.-18,840
3. Darel Dieringer, Charlotte, N. C.-13,872
4. Marvin Panch, Daytona Beach-13,372
S. Fred Lorenzen, Elmhurst, Ill.-13,308
6. G. C Spencer, Inman, S. C. - 11,396
7. Bob Derrington, Houston - 11,264
8. Neil Castles, Charlotte -10, 540
9. Junior Johnson, Ronda, N. C. 10,392
10. Bobby Jones, Miami - 9,964